- The Treasures of the Rijksmuseum November 7, 2019
- A Timely Reminder November 1, 2019
- Lightroom Lost My Pictures!!! October 31, 2019
- Running a Mac of some sort? Don’t upgrade to Catalina just yet! October 9, 2019
- And The Winners Are … September 19, 2019
- BLPG Meeting November 21, 2019 at 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM Interlakes Community Center, 7592 BC-24, Lone Butte, BC V0K 1X2, Canada
- BLPG Meeting December 5, 2019 at 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM Interlakes Community Center, 7592 BC-24, Lone Butte, BC V0K 1X2, Canada
- I2PS Workshop December 14, 2019 at 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM Interlakes Community Center, 7592 BC-24, Lone Butte, BC V0K 1X2, Canada
- Cancelled - BLPG Meeting December 19, 2019 at 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM Interlakes Community Center, 7592 BC-24, Lone Butte, BC V0K 1X2, Canada
Posts of the Past
Posts This Month:
Category Archives: News
Do you use textures or overlays in your photo editing? If so, you might be interested to know that Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum allows you to download and edit images any of thousands of objects (paintings, sculptures, drawings, furniture, clothing …). And … Continue reading
Is your camera smart enough to automatically adjust for the move from Daylight Saving Time to Standard Time? It is worth checking. Look into the menu system and find the time setting entries. There should be a mention of Daylight … Continue reading
How many times have you cursed Lightroom for losing your photos? Anthony Morganti has the solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwHKHGY_d-c
Here’s an article from PetaPixel that you might want to pay attention to if you work with Macs of any flavour. https://petapixel.com/2019/10/08/dont-update-to-macos-catalina-yet-if-you-use-photoshop-or-lightroom/
The favourite photos, as selected by members of the Bridge Lake Photo Group, from the 2019 Photo Scavenger Hunt can be found here. Go take a look – you’ll be impressed.
Check this out! https://mastersofphotography.wordpress.com/2019/08/24/david-yarrow/ You will be. astonished.
Count how many Bridge Lake Photo Group members, on the recent Field Trip to the Nemaiah Valley in the Chilcotin, were caught without their cameras when this beautiful sunset occurred:
Yesterday a number of BLPG members were at the Opening Ceremonies of Art Crawl 2019 at the Parkside Art Gallery in 100 Mile House. The Gallery itself is well worth a visit, of course, but after the ceremony we visited … Continue reading
Here’s a direct link ( https://www.michaelfrye.com/2019/06/07/simple-and-complex/ ) to Michael Frye’s blog and a fascinating and instructive post about the principle of Simplicity in composition married with Complexity to enhance eye catching hooks in an image. Here’s my version of the … Continue reading
Hey, there’s a new page on the website dedicated to the 2019 Photo Scavenger Hunt. You can read about the hunt, see a list of the forty subjects, and download your own copy. Have fun!
Here is an important and useful video on a topic of interest to us all!
Here’s a compilation, put together by Darlene Hildebrand, which wonderfully demonstrates how powerful a single photograph can be. Take a look. Exactly why does each photo have such an impact? What emotion does each raise in you and is that … Continue reading
The photographs are ready for hanging, the slide and video program is ready for prime time, the baking and the preparation of those delicious cocktail sandwiches is underway – everything is being made ready for our 10th annual Photo Exhibition. … Continue reading